Build Muscle. Gain Strength. Outlift Yourself.
Welcome to Outlift, a site for lifters in the thick of it, yearning to grow thicker yet.
We're Shane and Marco, known for founding Bony to Beastly and Bony to Bombshell, two of the most popular muscle-building sites for naturally thin people, each with tens of millions of readers. We have fifteen years of coaching experience and clients ranging from everyday people all the way up to college, professional, and Olympic athletes.
We break down all the lifting research, but we also delve into the darkest corners of lifting lore. There's wisdom in bodybuilding traditions, strength training programs, strongman training, and calisthenics techniques. There are many good methods out there, but the real magic happens when you combine them together.
If you want us to walk you through the process of building muscle, start to finish, with personal feedback along the way, check out our programs. Your results are fully guaranteed. We have an unconditional refund policy on everything we sell.
If you want to peruse the blog, here are the best articles to start with:
- How to build muscle (for everyone)
- How to bulk up (for skinny people)
- How to recomp (for overweight people)
- How to do hypertrophy training
- How to do cardio
- Progressive overload
- Optimizing Stimulus-to-Fatigue Ratio
- The best hypertrophy exercises
- The 5 big compound lifts:
- Which isolation exercises do you need?
- How many reps should you do per set?
- How long should you rest between sets?
- How many sets should you do per workout?
- How often should you work out?
- Should you always use a large range of motion?
- When should you train to muscle failure?
- How fast should you lift and lower weights?
- How to gain weight with a fast metabolism
- Is lifting weights good for burning fat?
- How much protein do you need?
- How to sleep for muscle growth
If you have any questions about anything, drop a comment in the most relevant article. I answer every comment.
Body recomposition is when you build muscle while losing fat. It sounds like the Holy Grail, but it isn’t quite so rare as that. Recomping is realistic for most people.…Read More
When I first met Marco, he had just finished studying under Eric Cressey, the head strength coach for the New York Yankees, and was working as the strength coach for professional…Read More